Sunday

Spring forward!!

Well as always I said I'd try to stay on top of this but I haven't!! Been super busy and in the next couple days I'll catch y'all up on what's been happening here! The great news is i passed my observation for my state standard teaching certificate with flying colors and I will be granted it in may! In addition to that I will be graduating in 28 days with my masters!!! But lets move on to whatI want we did over spring break..

We went to north Texas and picked up some of my great grandmothers things and here it is in all her glory in the Embley casa.. This is my grandmas old dresser, lamp, couch and her wedding china mixed with mine.. All in one special room! I adore it! I just love it. The couch is a classic French providential and the dresser and hutch are also. We still need to hang y vintage wood Chandy but otherwise this room is a stunning room to entertain in and it's so peaceful! I love that it is formal yet still plays well with the rest of the house!

I love that I can also display objects on top such as my Portland Oregon Hydreangeas and milk glass collection. Doesn't the inside look stunning with Grandmother Ebert's Gold China mixed with my silver wedding china. I just love it.. to have memories in my own house that will now have new memories associated with them.
 Typically I don't have the easter bunny springy garland that's just for spring.. Ill post spring pics soon.

View from den to formal living room. In this corner is my grandmas chest drawers next to the couch with her old lamp. This is the path to the formal so you can see the leather chair from our den. I think it all works well togeather.











In addition we got grown up Thomasville furniture in our master bedroom. We were in deep need of some wardrobe storage. We had laundry baskets of clothes in our bedroom because not enough space. So when we upgraded, I cleaned the closet and got rid of items I haven't worn. It really motivated me to get in shape again and to stay organized.
When we first got together we couldn't afford new bedroom furniture (like so many young couples) so we used what we had- college ikea dressers! After 8 years together I think it was high time we invested in our room! We did buy a nice bed & mattress from Star Furniture back when we bought our house but we couldn't splurge for the matching set than.
So even though the set we just inquired is antique it's new to us and we love love it now in our bedroom.. We especially love that it seamlessly goes with our modern new bed even though the thomasville  bedside tables, chest and dresser are from the 70s.
Nate and I also loved the bamboo look and dark detailing because it reminded us of our thatched roof private cabana look we stayed at in Maui. Plus the finish matches our tastes.  The furniture is great condition and the side tables already have glass tops to protect from damage! We are really enjoying the more grown up feel. I especially love the detail in the legs of the furniture and the vintage handles!



I thought I might want to change the handles to silver since so many details are silver in the room _Glass and silver lamps, glass and silver chandy and silver frames. But I think it works and I don't want to ruin the originality of the pieces.. even though they are vintage they are worth big bucks still today! Plus these babies are all wood unlike our previous ikea dressers and they were a pain to lug up our stairs! Previously we had a old huge TV on top of our Ikea Dressers. But I loved that the mirror brought more light into the room and made it feel so much more put togeahter so I couldn't put that huge TV back on the new dresser. Plus the new thomasville long dresser is much shorter than our previous dressers so we wouldn't be able to view it from bed any longer. I haven't missed it at all. Nate no longer falls asleep to the Tv. We actually use our room for it's purpose now. Maybe down the road we will mount a small TV but I just feel as a society we are overloaded with stimulus all day long we don't need it any longer in our bedroom.

We do have blackout drapes in brown over our bamboo blinds and I feel like I'd like to change them to a set that are white and cream to match the bedding but I due to budget it might stay the same. I am just glad that the bedroom finally got some attention. All the other items in the room stayed the same.




The bench under the window is typically in my vanity area where the chandy is but we have the extra large old TV there currently till we find it a home (ie not back in our room..lol) The bench was my mom's mother's- so my grandma bernie and I love that I have it.
View from bed looking into the dressing vanity area. One side is a vanity the other side is our double wide deep closet and than it goes to the master bath (Thats the door you see).
Scout sleeps right next to my bedside and as you can see the cats sleep where ever they please. Smokey prefers the bedroom while Bella prefers the formal living room.

More pics on the yard progress and spring soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment