Thursday

Project #4- Wine Cork


Nate's Aunt Susie retired last year and after his grandma passed away she moved back home with Grandpa. I personally think it is great so they both have company..but Aunt Susie had alot of antiques and they are currently being stored at Nate's Mothers. So she no longer had use for this bar cart. Nate's stepdad and him had to unassemble it to fit in our SUV and we hauled it back to Texas from Illinois. I love it! But I felt that the area above needed some approriate decor. That is when I decided to make a wine wreath.
The first step was to collect wine corks. Most of mine are collected by yours truely but the first layer you lay straight as possible and won't see with the top layer so I bought some online.
So you line the corks up as close as possible and hot glue onto a straw wreath. After you cover the first layer you go crazy layering corks which ever way you want on the second layer. But remember this layer is the layer you see so you have to be sure you put the pretty side of the corks showing. I even included a couple champange corks. The one on top is from our honeymoon and the one on bottom is from when we bought the house 3 years ago. So it has lots of memories in this wreath. Total time to make is 2 hours. You can hange it with fishing line or ribbon. But I chose twine to make it more coastal/beach bungalow feeling. I mean wine and the beach are hand in hand in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment