Thursday

Summer Progress & it's only Day 2!

Summer has begun and being only day two I have accomplished alot! My first day off I had an early hair appt with Diana.. she did a great job except she cut the front a little too much around the face I prefer a more angled cut with longer than the front! But it still looks good..Here is my summer cut and color.


After the hair cut, I went to hang out with Nate at school (Nate had to work 3 more days than I did) for a bit and than I took the car to the dealership to get an oil change, tire balance and rotation. Because the car is a 2011 no one has the parts for the oil change yet and we needed it to be ready to go to St Louis for our trip this month. Nate was sweet enough to come pick me up while the car got worked on for 2 hours, so I accomplished getting my FASFA done for my grad school for my next year 2011-2012. Which 2011-2012 will be my last year in school- celebrate! 

When Nate and I got married , Hawaii government employees were working 4 days a week short handed - which means way behind. We got married in July and I didn't see our marriage certificate till October. Due to this I waited to change my name on my social and DL. Finally I went one Friday after a half day at school and stood in line at the DMV for 3 hours to change my name. The DMV only required the marriage certificate so it wasn't a huge deal. I figured I would do my social soon...yet I never got around to it because I kept my maiden name anyhow so it wasn't a huge issue. When we filed our taxes I filed under my maiden name. So I filed FASFA and because I didn't change my social they said to file under my name on my social which is my maiden name.I thought oh no problem my university has both names listed they will know it is me.

After I finished we picked up the car and meet some friends at a local pub for dinner and drinks. We ended up closing the place down (meaning 2am).. which meant I spent my second day sleeping in and relaxing. It was a perfect day complete with sweet tea, people magazine and the sun shining...until (insert scary dun dun dun music here)my adviser for my masters program called. They had recieved my FASFA but because my records at school state my maiden and Embley as well as my marriage certificate and DL, I had to officially change my social and reapply on FASFA or they wouldn't release my funding due to them thinking it was fraudulent. FUN TIMES! Like most americans I can't afford my masters without grants and loans- I need that funding and my summer school ends June 20th and I need funding for fall semester right after that! I quickly went from relaxing in the sun to sitting at Social Security Administration with a lovely crowd (sarcasm) to change my name.. hey yeah it is almost a year married and I hadn't officially changed my name.. no judging--this is a no judging zone! 

So after an hour waiting.. I know pretty good right I get called up and the lady tells me I will have to verify things and if I lie I'll go to jail..yady yady. Than she prints off my records and asks me to verify. Well the father listed is my adopted fathers first and middle name and my biological fathers last name with my adopted fathers SS # listed. I made the lady aware that this is wrong and she didn't seem the least bit worried that my records on file were F*ed up. I explained to her that I was adopted so this would be my 3rd card given since I was given one at birth with Cates on it, One when adopted as Buckholtz and now one with Embley. I wanted the records to be right. Nope the lady didnt care just said sign and you can fix over the phone call this number. So I went on my merry way and called my mom to tell her someone messed up big time at the SS office with my adoption and application for SS card. But I got my new card coming and my funding issues with school have all been sorted out on my side (YEAH!).

Than I came home and started thinking about our anniversary cruise one month away. Can you believe it.. a year has flown by! I paid for the crusie at Spring Break and Nate said he would pay for the expenses on the cruise (its how we budget) and I know Nate purchased a nice massage for me on the boat (i'm not suppose to know) ..yet I hadn't gotten him anything and he told me not to. He kept saying the vacation is our present to each other- which is fine and all but it is our first. SO I started thinking of ways to make it special..

When we were in Hawaii, we were walking and stopped in this Jewelry store to look at local jewelry. We found these really cool rings that were carved very intricately with a native print the Natives used. The rings were gorgeous with hibiscus flower and maile leaves..suprisingly Nate liked them too. We got a card with the information so we could order for our anniversary or special occasion..being that we just paid for a wedding we didn't have the cash to throw down for second rings. I really loved the rings and Nate liked them also. He was the one who asked for a card so we could order later over the phone or internet.

Well at xmas we started talking about them again and we really wanted to order them but we decided we needed to save for vacation this summer and my summer salary since I don't receive pay during summer since I am private school. Today I decided I would order them and surprise Nate with them. I went online and found the website where you can custom order the rings from the same company we tried them on in Hawaii. But I couldn't decide on the pattern because they have 10 to chose from and alot are similar versions of each other. Luck would have it I found the card with our sizes, mm of the ring width, and pattern in my wallet still!

So I ordered the rings with engraved inside our wedding date  7.11.10 and the other person name. So my ring will say 7.11.10 Nate and his will say 7.11.10 Tricia. They should arrive while we are in STL, so my neighbor will get them for me which means Nate will have no clue at all about them (heheheheh). If he saw the box he would remember but we'll be out of town.

I can't wait to surprise him on the cruise on our first anniversary with the present!!

These are the rings! I know they are different and not for everyone. But they remind us of our time in Hawaii and they are hand carved and they will mean something to us.Nate always does nice things for me, so I can't wait to totally surprise him. I know it is isn't an IPAD or a golf trip.. but it is something that when he sees it, he'll think of our special times in Hawaii and it will last forever. I also think the one lil diamond is perfect because it is our one year anniversary! I know I am so gushy and romantic right!!
After I sneakily ordered the ring, Nate made us turkey spaghetti with the addition of his home grown bell peppers and my basil. It was delicious.

 Don't mind the no shirt- it's a no shoes noshirt policy here in summer.. today it hit a record high of 100 degrees (which is the temp on my car).. yeah HOT!


So far summer has been very busy- but I accomplished alot and it feels awesome.. who knows what Ill do tomorrow. Bella has her eye set on chilling in the sun again and chirping at the birds..maybe I will take my lead from Bella since I am still not sure about this relaxing thing yet.

Happy SUMMER yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment