Monday

Life hands you lemons.. and what do you do with them??


So this summer we have had our fair shares of downs! It all started great with our 1st summer off  togeather since I was in college and we found out we were preggo! But than plummeted when we lost the baby.. shortly after that we enjoyed our 1st anniversary married (7 years going strong!).  Once we returned I even had an interesting opportunity come up- I got super excited because basically it was my dream teaching job! But it all feel apart when I didn't get it.. because basically they had to hire within their district.. I was upset.
DON'T get me wrong, I love teaching where I am.. but my employer has  no health insurance (so I am on Nate's- which is a huge expense), I have no retirement, no sick days, no summer pay, and pay is not comparable to public school. We had planned that I would get into public school this year but with all the cuts in the state we thought maybe not and though ok we'll make it work.. until this opportunity came along and we counted our chickens before it hatched!

So basically- I thought this great opportunity came along and didn't pan out.. than we got hit with huge medical expenses from my lovely visit to the hospital..when I say HUGE- think thousands. We are still debating with the insurance company.

Well it gets better (sarcasm)- yesterday we went to the grocery store to get food for lunches since we both go back to work. We spend a ton of $$ on groceries and come home to find out my tire is flat on the Toyota!! It is a blessing it didn't happen at work, on the first day of school or while I was driving..  We knew the tires were gonna go soon- we had even talked about it. But we were crossing our fingers it would wait till school started back again- insert Tricia has a steady pay check again!

My lovely hubby put the spare on last night because there has been heat advisory here and so hot.. so he put it on and we drove it straight to Discount Tire ( I had a spare go flat one time driving to the tire store- so we wanted to avoid that). We placed the keys in the overnight box and went home. This morning they said that due to a new law each sets of 2 tires have to match within I think he said 2 cm.. so basically because one was new I needed a second. Which the flat was on the back and I really needed new front tires- needless to say it turned into 4 new tires! Surprise!I guess I will be riding in new tire style to school at least..lol.

In addition to all that has already panned out this summer we had some big choices to make about life.. stuff that isn't little.  We both also go back to school which means Nate is starting Tennis and will be gone all the time and I will be stressed and spending my life at school. We both love our jobs but when you have been off for 2 months going back is a huge anxiety on top of everything else that is happening. Yesterday I actually had an anxiety attack about it all- $$, school starting, everything I needed to do at home and school, my master's program and my alternative certification program.. It is just alot.

Than today my boss and a coworker called me. I found out enrollment at school is down and that a couple teachers will not be coming back because they don't have a job for them.  It all put it in perspective to me.. We may be dealing with alot.. but I have a job to go back to.. and that's life..

Life hands you lots of lemons.. and we have to make lemonade..I think I am starting to be a pro at this lemonade business.







No comments:

Post a Comment