Monday

Decorating the Nest..

Lately I have been following a ton of decorating blogs.. I have this itch to redecorate our great room. The dining room is already in progress.  I have finished the master bedroom, guest room, kitchen, and upstairs baths.. but the living room is just bland to me. I started thinking about it and alot of our decor I either inherited (can be good or bad) or we had and I tried to make it work. Nate's favorite color is red and his office is painted red currently so when I started thinking of re-doing the living room all I could think of was well red had to be incorporated. I just wanted a room that could be neutral but have pops of color. The bones of our great room are great..tan walls with a chocolate couch. I already decided that the verticals are changing to bamboo roman shades and I am adding burlap curtains- they will be neutral. I am than going to change the rug to a jute or segrass rug. All the things added to the room will be neutral or easy to change later such as pillows with pops of color. Here are a few of the items that have inspired me..
 These rooms are from Pottery Barn and I love them because basically they have neutral bones it is the accessories that make the room Americana or Nautical.
 This is from Nester's Blog and I just love love her room.. I wish I could pull off the all whites in my house! But I think I have to live with the chocolate leather couch for a bit..
 I wanted to add a touch of old charm and nautical to the room. I think these bouys will look great on the bay window.
 I would love the white one to act as a side table..
 I am going to get two of these stools to place as extra seating under the console table in the living room.. I also want to add a chalk board similar to the nesters above the console table to have like a family meeting spot. Also a PB wire basket to dump our mail ;).
 I love love this rug from PB and I think I want to place it in the dining room to add some color. It is still neutral yet vibrant..
 This is the rug I want to place in the living room and it will match the burlap curtains. I think the neutral tans will place off the cocoa colored couch and blend with the walls.
 These awesome jugs remind me of my grandma and her old milk jugs I want to get some white ones to put on one side of the fireplace..
 I also adore these old Coke crates I want to place one under the coffee table to store magazines and clutter and add a pop of color.
 SO there you have all my crazy ideas jumbled in pics.. but I can envision the room.. as soon as it is finished I will be posting pics. As it comes along I will post pics.

I know what you are thinking..isn't she on a budget and how can she afford it?? It is called thirfy.. as Nate says I will online and in store shop for WEEKS before purchasing things. I get obsessed with finding what I want at a good price. I am also following the nesters advice of taking out all the items that don't work in the room any longer. Things that can be worked else where I will keep other wise they will be sold on craigslist.  Hoping to make the $200 bucks for the makeup.. stay tuned..




No comments:

Post a Comment