Thursday

Nesting..Continued

So if you asked my hubby lately I have been on a huge DIY kick.. I think he likes it because it saves us money but I am also occupied all day on sunday so he can watch football on the big TV in the living room.. hahaha!  But really I am nesting or as the nester calls it dwelling. And there have been great improvements- remember this is a work in progress so put on your imagination design glasses on for the next couple pics.
 Before I started this lil make over I shopped online for things that inspired me.. I also found rooms I liked.  I than started planning our room by what needed to be taken out and what stayed and made the budget accordingly. What got taken out was sold!  I sold almost all the wedding vases and  misc. items in living room on craigslist to front the cost of the makeover. And that my friend is a  marvelous feeling!

So currently in the mail is our new console table for the dining room that will go over the two stools that were I was inspired by Pottery Barn.. they were pictured in a couple posts back.. but umm well instead of $99.99 for each stole I paid cough cough.. $19.99 for each stole!! I love them for putting my shoes on, extra seating for guests, and perfect for our friend's kids to sit on and pull up to the coffee table. Plus the covers come off and are washable! Love!!  I am still deciding if I want to monogram to look like PB's stools. If so I will monogram the new white pillows on the couch too. I also completed my chalk board mirror in which is hanging above the stoles waiting for the console table to arrive.  I plan on framing the chalkboard mirror with black and white photos from Hawaii (wedding/honeymoon) and of our family. So it will look like a gallery wall.  I ordered my lovely wire basket off Pottery Barn to place mail and magazines in on the console table.. and my vintage PEPSI crate for under the coffee table.  Once they arrive I will take pics to update!

After that I painted all the frames in the cabinet by the TV a lovely white.. I am loving the clean look. I also added some decor pillows. I love the one with flowers because if turned over it has stripes! I brought down my turqouise cross and hung above the fireplace.. we are in deep need of a mantel. But the fireplace is double sided and they run 300-500 a piece pre assembled at Lowes.. I told my step-dad and he said if I keep nagging (well his words were reminding him) he would build me one instead. As soon as I get that up I want to layer some stain glass  windows against the mantel. Kinda like the nester.com did with her shutters on her mantel.

If you look in the cabinets by the TV you will see the pics but other wise it is empty in the cabinet currently. That is because I am in the process of moving my milk glass to the cabinet. I will take a pic when I get it finished.  I am trying to slowly accessorize as not to over do it.  I posted pics below of milk glass- it isn't my own collection! I wish!! But my mom got me started.. she has pieces of milk glass and pink depression glass that was my grandmas. When she antiques she picks up more- so it reminds me of these two women. Since I am chaning to a neutral palette I thought it was the perfect oppurtunity to display my milk glass.

Which leads me straight to my new favorite item in the living room.. my grandma's huge wicker basket. My mom got this basket from her mom when I was born- which means it is definitely vintage now! I have always loved it. Mom had it in her living room and than recently just sitting lonely in a corner.  I told her I wanted it to store my book loot for my future child and put in our future nursery.. yes I am crazy and I get free books on scholastic so I am hoarding them already for my kids that are unborn. But mom said yea that is a great idea and gave me the basket!! So currently it sits in the living room holding our future child's book loot and  our pillows and throws until I have that lovely nursery to decorate- hence my nesting in the living room now. I love this basket.. I adore it!

But than there is the curtains. You all know I am changing the verticals to bamboo roman shades- but not in the budget yet. My lovely hubby said for my bday he would purchase them if I wanted.. so December 14th I shall have beautiful blinds.. what a lovely hubby to see my disgust with the verticals! He said as he was hanging my new drapes I am glad the old curtains are gone and won't be sad to see the verticals leave either.. well honey glad you are on board with the design plan! This past weekend I went on a hunt for burlap or linen drapes 96'..of course Pottery Barn has them for the price of gold, target is a little more reasonable and ikea was almost the same as target. So I went to Lowe's and bought canvas drop clothes for 9 bucks a panel and they are now hanging proudly in our great room!! Talk about Dave Ramsey Budget inspired!! When I told Nate at first he was a little worried- I could see it on his face. But we re-hung the hardware to the crown molding and hung the curtains. When he finished watching his football he came and told me he really likes em! SUCCESS!!

This is the Console table I purchased pictured online..in mail.

 Here is the chalkboard frame- bad lighting..and the stoles. The console table will go over them.
 New White and striped pillows
 The beloved wicker basket
 Floral and striped pillow..masculine and feminine..
 Plus my old tin cross with Faith written across it.. see the mantel need now..
 The empty cabinets with the white frames..plus the curtains..wohoo
 Of course this isn't my collection.. but this is milkglass and hopefully one day I can have this much loot!! I love the vintage feel yet with the white it is so clean and modern.. love the mix!
So pics are posted below and I will keep updating them.. enjoy turkey week!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment