Thursday

Aww Love

Guest Room Now I love the lamp & Night stand <3

Guest Room Now

 My painted side table with my lovely zebra chair







The New addition- full size black antique headboard & footboard



So I have been searching craigslist for a chest and long dresser for our master bedroom and also a chest for our soon to be nursery (third bedroom).  Our current dresser are malm dressers from Ikea from when I was in college and are falling apart.. we also need more storage. So I have been looking weekly. Nate insists on all wood furniture and we can't afford all wood chest and dresser for our room on top of furnishing a baby's room in the near future. Teacher budgets = craigslist.

Luckily yesterday I found a fabulous deal on a chest and long dresser that are all wood with dove tail drawers in excellent condition. I will post pics of them on Saturday.. I picked up only the chest last night because the SUV couldn't fit both of them. I pick up the dresser tomorrow. The wood is light cherry wood and our bed and nightstands are both dark espresso wood. So I am debating whether to paint the new dresser that are antiques an espresso color or leave as is. I hate to paint perfectly good antiques.. But leaving them not matching will drive me CRAZY! I also plan to trade out their handles from brass to bronze or silver to match our other hardware in the room. But enough on my sucess with dressers! While I was searching for a dresser for the third bedroom I stumbled on a post by Simple Matters. She lives in Katy (where I grew up) and she refinishes modern, vintage and antique furniture and sells them. She had just listed a black  full size headboard and footboard with rails. The wheels started rolling..

I fell in love.. debated buying it and just did it. Because we couldn't find a better deal on a all wood bed and on top of that it would look fab in our guest room.  The guest room mattress is practically brand new. I purchased it when I was living alone downtown slept on it maybe 7 months and than Nate & I moved in togeather. Since than it has been a lonely mattress without a headboard.. see the above pictures.  But it works great in our larger guest room and has been used by Nate's whole family basically when they come to visit  from Illinois & Missouri (brother, aunt, uncle, dad, mom and sister have all used it).
Because this room is basically completed and only used when we have guests .. I seem to put it off. The door stays closed so the cats don't get hair all over the bed. I felt our guests might prefer a cat/dog free room. So my intentions were to make a headboard or do a mirror collage above the bed to give some kind of focus on the bed. But I never got to it with the wedding, starting a new career and getting my masters.

  We got the mirror on the other side of the room off our registry and I wanted to add 3 or 4 more sunburst mirrors to the room. But the addition of this beautiful antique bed is perfect and I can't wait to put it togeather and show you the pics of the room completed!! I get to pick the beauty up tomorrow while Nate is still at work ( I have 1/2 days) and attempt to assemble alone.. haha most of my projects start alone until I call in the help of his guns!! I'll post pics of the finished guest room and our new dressers soon.

I think I might have a lead on a dresser for the nursery too. Solid wood selling cheap because it is painted in primary colors. I will have to repaint it white.. I see lots of primer in my future ;)

 Have a great thursday!! XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment