Wednesday

Bamboo Roman Shades- Project #5

Living room during the day-side view

 Pool Table room during Day with large window &  bay window
 The same rooms at night.. gives you better idea of texture of blinds.
 Excuse my hubby's mess on the pool table.. he thinks it is his dumping ground for all things tennis/gym



When we bought this house the downstairs had ugly 80's vertical blinds. Which as hideous as they are they keep alot of the heat out from the sun in the summer.. but they also darken the room a ton. Our living space downstairs is all open, the only seperating spaces is the french doors that close nate's office and our double sided fireplace in the middle of the room. I hated them. I dispised them. But I couldn't do anything about it because it wasn't in the budget after the hurricane damage and if I redid blinds in the living room I would have to do it in our formal living room known as the pool table room also. Luckily the french doors in the dining room going to the pool I decided to keep naked and save $$.
Since we are finally getting to the point where there aren't any major projects such as repairing the roof from a tree during the hurricane. I have had time to find blinds I loved and I could save for. The issue was we have 3 very large not average size windows in the living rooms and than two small ones in the bay. So I had to buy custom.. which can be PRICEY! After late night searches online I finally found my blinds..but I kept debating between dark wood like we had upstairs and in nate's office or light with dark accents. I decided on light wood to light the dark wood furniture. The blinds were shipped to the house and sat for a week before I finally convienced Nate and his bromance Jon to put up the curtains. 
Saturday we did St. Arnolds Pub Crawl with Jon, Alice, Nyomi, Paul, Justin, Jennifer and Gil! It was a great time. We than went back to our place and grilled out and Jon offered to help Nate on Sunday! Wohoo!! Jon is in construction and is a perfectionist so I knew Nate and him would hange the blinds perfectly and in one day..where as if it were Nate and I it would take forever.  Sunday came and passed and the boys took down the verticals and hung my beautiful bamboo roman shades. I have posted pictures of them in the day and at night so you can see them. I love the filtered light they allow in the room now. They add some privacy but you can see outlines of people in the rooms at night.. hence why they are downstairs. But we also have them in our rooms and I just draw the curtains. I love them and they remind me of my honeymoon in a tropical destination. I love the natural look  and hope you do too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment