Friday

Changes for a good cause

Natural Nails

Brunette








You are probably looking at the photos above and wondering why?? Well since I was 16 years old I have had solar nails (fake) and I loved em. I loved going to the salon. I loved getting pampered and I loved that they always looked nice. Also since I was a freshman in highschool I have been coloring my hair.. I am not really sure what my natural hair color would be today. I was born strawberry blonde and it turned to a sandy blonde in my teens but than I started coloring it.

Well recently Nate and I decided we were going to start trying for a baby. So I got some advice from Nate's sister, my ob and other friends. The verdict was no more fake nails and no more hair coloring. These things were advised not a have obviously. But with having a misscarriage once already I didn't want to risk anything. I felt like if I lost a baby again I might play the what if game again.. So I felt better safe than sorry.

On Valentine's Day I divorced my fake nails. I loved them but they had to go for the love of something larger than them.. a baby! I spent two hours at the salon soaking them off  and getting my paper thin nails painted. The first day was miserable for my fingers. Everything that touched the tips or my nails hurt because they were so sensitive- you have to remember they have been covered up by fake nails for like 12 years now. But I am adjusting and I am hoping the prenatal pill will not only help them grow faster (which they already are) but stronger too.

Than two days later I went to see my stylist Diana. I told her what was going on. She took me from a sandy light blonde to BRUNETTE. She did do a little bit of blonde highlights which I might keep up once I am preggo. Not sure yet. The brown was a little dramatic for me.. but it is growing on me. My hair doesn't hold color well so I know after a couple washes it will lighten up. Which in it's light brown form it will prolly be closer to my hair color. Nate really likes all the change- he said he got a new wife...lol. I have always been blonde in our relationship. But my students didn't like the change as much.. they were in shock! These were big changes for me too.. not just my kids. I think I am adjusting well but I will miss my summer blonde locks and perfect southern french manicure nails.. guess after the baby is born I can always go right back.

PS why do I still have a double chin in every picture.. UGH!  Also I am picking up the double long dresser tonight and the bed for the guest room!! Tomorrow I am picking up paint for the 1/2 bath downstairs (from green to rain blue) and paint for the dressers!! Wohoo DIY weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment