Monday

New Mantel- DIY Project #7



PB Rug, New Seagrass Baskets to hold Mag & Books

New Chalkboard basket to hold shoes

Close up of the chalk board

Hawaii Vintage Map from 1930's and our wedding pics (wedding & Luau Celebration)

Milk glass & Hydrangeas

Antique Ceiling tin tile cross

Mantal with Map, Pictures & Hydrangeas with Valentine Garland

Willow Basket next to new tall lamp

So if you read my other post we had a DIY weekend. I didn't get to everything on my list but we did alot! when we bought out house there was slat tile going up the front of the fireplace on both sides but no mantel.  I feel like a mantel completes a fireplace. I wanted one for decorating for the season esp. christmas with stockings. I found one on Home decorators (home depots chain) and bought it in white.. nate and I agreed white would match the trim but it looked horrible next to the slate.  So I returned it for a chunky black one. Nate installed it with the help of our neighbor Roger whom we adore! He is always willing to lend us tools and help.

I than played around with decorating it. I have shutters in aqua and my subway art to put up for the summer. But I think the vintage map, wedding pics and hydrangeas work for now. I also have heart paper garland up from Valentine. I am changing it out this weekend to St Patty's decor! Than to easter.. I love easter/spring decor.
I also put pics of the new floor lamp and all our new seagrass baskets. There is one in the entertainment cabinet from Khols but the rest of the segrass baskets are from Target- with the exception of the one under the floor lamp which is an antique. I adore the extra large sqaure chalkboard basket. It has chalkboard on two sizes and I felt it was welcome by the front door for shoes! Well that is all that is new for the E Casa.. I will take pics of the St Pattys decor and share later.


No comments:

Post a Comment