Friday

Bridesmaids & Groomsmen















So I thought I would share with yall the pics of the groomsmen & bridesmaids attire. I also posted some pics of my sisters and I with our mom.
My baby sister- Brigitte is going to be my maid of honor. Nate is having his best friend Jon as his best man. Also my Grandpa, Jim Cates is walking me down the aisle- so he will be outfitted to match the groomsmen.
My sisters both live a good distance away from me- one living oceans away in Germany! Brigitte is attending the University of Texas in Austin and Michelle is attending college in Berlin Germany. Brigitte models in her spare time for names like Fendi, David's Bridal, Academy..etc. Where Michelle is currently working as a nanny- takes after her big sister ( I was a nanny for 4 years in college). Due to our distances apart alot of my wedding planning has been done online or with my mom's help. But thank goodness for the internet or we wouldnt be able to communicate. I was thankful that my sister Michelle was able to be there when I bought my dress and I cherish those moments! Nate's best man Jon lives about 5 miles from us currently, so that is awesome. But my grandpa lives in Oregon... So our wedding party is across the globe!!
As I said, above are pics of the exact dress my sister is going to wear. I found this photo of another bride and her bridesmaids and loved the dress. Believe me it is hard to find a turqouise dress that is casual and looks cute for a beach wedding. I searched long and hard to find those exact dresses. They were not available in any stores in Texas, so I ordered them online in a size too big for my sisters. They didn't have size 2 available..go figure.. I figured it is easier to take material out then to add material. I am glad that I did buy them, because they were only available for one season and now are nowhere to be found online or in stores. The dresses are turqouise blue with a slight sheen which I think will look beautiful in the sun. They have a sweetheart neckline similar to my wedding dress but it also has the braided halter detail. They are aline which I think will look great on my skinny tall model sister- but wouldn't look good on a model right? And she has to stand next to me when I am soo short next to them..
I also have purchased earrings with a small diamonded starfish with one pearl drop for them to wear and a pearl bracelet accent. Turqouise and Pink are the wedding colors and starfish/shells are the theme. We have tried to incorporate the colors and starfish in all the details, from stationary to the centerpieces. The bridesmaid bouquets will be hot pink to bring in some pink and they will be wearing leis also.
To continue with our color theme, the groomsmen will be wearing khaki pants or shorts..Nate and I haven't decided on pants of shorts- just Khaki. But then they will be wearing a linen short sleeve button down turqouise blue shirt. Like the girl's they will be wearing the traditional hawaiian lei also. The groom (nate) will be wearing khaki pants and a white linen shirt with his traditional grooms lei, which is traditionally leaves and nuts instead of flowers.
I have to say I think we are going to be one HOTT looking wedding party!!




No comments:

Post a Comment