Thursday

The Proposal!!











The story of our engagement is totally us..low key.. and funny!!








Nate and I started dating in 2004 and of course our relationship progressed like most. So in 2008 we decided to make a huge step and we purchased our first home. It was a foreclosure but in a great neighboorhood where we can raise children EVENTUALLY!! But because it was a foreclosure it needed alot of tender, love & care which equals $$$$. Then a couple months later we survived Hurricane Ike with $19,000 worth of damage. Before Ike we both had talked about Marriage and saw it in our near future- but then came the Hurricane and we were both so stressed it was put on the back burner.








Then at Christmas Time 2008, we are sitting in Nate's Mom's Living Room wrapping gifts before everyone got there. Out of no where Nate says to his Mom, "Tricia and I are going to get married next summer- I just wanted to let you know first." This was NEWS to me! So I got so excited, we told his whole family and called mine. But there was no ring and no real proposal.








That following summer Nate and I enjoyed one of the best vacations ever to the Flordia Keys and the Bahamas. On the last night of the cruise at sunset Nate asked me to marry him with a beautifl classico verragio ring. It was perfect!!








Next came the calls to our parents when we got to the main land and the whole way back to Texas I started planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment