Friday

Hawaiian Ceremony & Luau- July 11, 2010






















































































So I posted every picture I could that would help you imagine what the wedding would be like. Where do I start....


Well we booked a wedding planner in Hawaii who was able to make a package for us, they will take care of everything involving our wedding from the location to the minister to the photography. Nate and I felt like we wanted a wedding that would be low key and FUN. A couple years back his sister got married and they did everything for her wedding and she was soo stressed out. So my ultimate goal was to make this wedding stress free. By hiring the planner it was the easiest thing ever! We show up at Wai'alae Beach Park with our marriage certificate and everything else will be takin care of.


I included the pics at the top of the actual wedding location which is Wai'alae Beach Park. It is a private beach that is located close to the Kahala Hotel & Resort and near the Waialae Country Club on the island's south shore. Behind us you will be able to see Diamond Head and a small little Island. I think it will be a beautiful location and perfect for pictures that will last a lifetime. We are having a chair company set up beautiful chavari chairs (the first picture) which will be in a light bamboo color. They are setting the chairs up like the example pic below with conch shells lining the isle. I haven't decided if I am going to rose petals down the isle yet.. Also pictured are the palm fans. We just ordered them and I can't wait for them to arrive. We are going to tie turqouise & pink ribbons to them and place them on all the chairs.
Further down, I posted pictures of the leis, the purple ones are what the groomsmen and bridesmaids will wear. I will also being wearing a orchid lei, most likely in a white color. The leafy looking lei is what the groom wears and also a nut lei. Further below that are the pictures of my favorite bouquets. I love the mixes of pinks. I want all pink and a tropical feel to them. I love orchids so I hope they put some in there and then any flower that is pink and native in Hawaii. My bridesmaids bouquets will be similar to mine, they will be pink and of a smaller scale. I love flowers so I can't wait to see them! I am sure they will be superb!
At the top you will see two little pics of a luau! The wedding will start at 2pm. Following the ceremony the photographer asked for at least an hour of photographs for the wedding party, guests and bride and groom. Then around 4pm we will all go back to our hotel and a bus will pick us up and take all the guests to a luau celebration. It will have live entertainment with fire throwers, hula dancers and even a pig roasting. We will be picked up for the luau at 4:30 and be at the luau late into the night.
We are having a traditional reception back in Katy, Texas a week after our honeymoon ends. So Nate & I felt we are in Hawaii, why not entertain our guests with something that is fun, interesting and not traditional. So we found the luau! I think all our guests will enjoy it and have a great memorable night.





No comments:

Post a Comment