Tuesday

Bridesmaids Gifts









So I know I am not suppose to post pics of the gifts because my sisters might see them.. but the reality is my sisters probably never get on either of my sites.. But I am so excited to give them their gifts.. since they are breakable and would be bulky to pack I wont be toting them all the way to Hawaii. I am going to give them their gifts at my bridal shower on May 1.
Side Note- if you didnt know my sister from Germany will be flying in for the summer April 28th so she will be here for my bridal shower!! This is big news!! She has been living in Germany for the past year and wasnt going to be home till the wedding. But she has decided to come home to houston for the summer and then finish her degree at UT. I was estatic when she told me.. it was suppose to be a suprise..but who cares I am so happy!! She might also be staying with Nate & I part of the summer- which both Nate & I are thrilled!

Anyhow, I always get the magazine exclusively weddings and they were having great sales and I would get 15% off so I got online and started looking and there was so much stuff that I loved that I couldnt buy it all.
I ended up buying the striped beach bag (pic above)..I thought the beach bag would be great because they can use it in Hawaii (it also matches the invitations with the stripes) and I think they could reuse them later for things like overnite stays, school books..etc. I bought both my sisters and my mom the pink bag with their name written in turqouise (hello has to match the wedding). I then also purchased the matching pink makeup bag because one ever girl needs a great makeup bag and two they can use them in Hawaii to put their cell in and hotel key if they are going to the beach. I also did their intial in turqouise to match the bags perfectly!
The other gift I got that doesnt really go with the theme..but hey I like them and love animal print.. wish they had cheetah print- is the giraffe koozie. I got it with thier intial in hott pink.. and even though it doesnt go with the theme we will never fight over whose wine coolers is whose when floating in my pool this summer :). Plus every college girl needs their own personal koozie.
Lastly I had to buy the flipflop wine glasses. I love wine.. I am kind a vino whore (as you all know- bad day equals wine.. but a good day equals wine too)! Other than shoes and nate there is nothing I love more than a great bottle of wine! So the wine glass was kind of something that had to be done. The flip flop one just fit sooo well with Hawaii and I think they can use them at the bridal shower ( I bought myself one and my mom too). Also even if they never use them again it will remind them of me.. I know I will be using mine again..lol!
But I tried to get gifts that they could reuse..not just a necklace to wear the day of (which I did buy their jewels for the day) but I wanted something that they could use and was fun. I hope they love them as much as I do!

(UPDATE) I couldn't help but posting some pics from the Bridal Shower with our glasses, but also some from Hawaii..Enjoy.



 Hanuma Bay in Hawaii
 Diamond Head- Mom, Brigitte, Me, Michelle- Day before the wedding hiking!
 Flipflop wine glasses
 The bag I got my mom and sisters with their names.. obviously this is mine in good use in Maui.


No comments:

Post a Comment