Thursday

March Madness..




So this month has been so busy.. and we only have 3 more months until the wedding.. breathe breathe..FREAKING OUT!!




But we have done so much..


First things first..


On Home Front-




Due to our winter being harsh for South Texas (we had snow and ice this year) we lost 5 out of our 17 palms around the pool. Our three huge mexican fan palms that are as tall as the house survived (just some brown palms that we cut back). I also lost 6 Hibiscus bushes which is such a lose to me.. I loved them and they bloomed all year and were as tall as the fence- but they dont like ice. I also lost my bougnvilla plants and bird of paradise. So Nate and I spent one whole weekend putting down new mulch (5 whole yards of mulch) and pulling up all the dead in the back yard. Lucky for me the umbrella plant store was having a plant sale.. so I went and picked up two new tall palms which are thriving, 2 new queen palms.. they are shorter and fluffy looking.. and 3 new pink bougnvilla plants. We put them all in the ground and I think they are all happy. Just now our banana plants are coming up as well as the giant elephant ears- summer is around the corner!!! I also ordered cold hardy new hibiscus plants (bite that ice) and got a great variety in color- two different hot pinks (you know I love pink) a white with a pink stripe, bright red, yellow and purple. I also ordered the twisted tree hibiscus in a blue with pink center. So I have to plant all those this week and hope they sprout up as tall as the ones we had from two years ago. When they come they are maybe 12 inches tall and look like little bushes.. but the ones we put in that died were the same size and a year later were 3 ft tall. I am not sure if we lost our oleanders yet.. they still have some green to them but all the leaves have browned from the frost. I really hope they come back because they bloom beautiful pink flowers that remind me of plumeria blooms.




We are having my bridal shower at the house in May so I am hoping everything comes back to life soon- I am not used to browning of any type of my plants even in the winter.. but these freezes did one over on us this year.




Nate went to Vegas and Mesquite Nevada for spring break for his bachelor party. I asked him what he was most excited about expecting the answer to be strippers..gambling..all things veags.. and the real answer was THE GOLF. The boys are golfing everyday- so he is in heaven.




As you all heard my lil sister Michelle is moving back home from Germany.. so the plans are stewing for summer. I can't wait to go pick her up from the airport on April 28th. We have been IMing every day and it is so exciting to be able to plan things.. this morning she asked if she could borrow a dress when she gets home.. and it is like well yeah that is possible now without sending it across the ocean. So I am super excited!!!




On the wedding front-

I ordered the Hawaiian Postcards that we are going to use as a guestbook for the guests in Hawaii and those should be here anyday now. We also recieved our Maui and Oahu maps with all the details of the islands that we need to make copies of for the guests.


The biggest thing I am excited about is I ordered a custom veil this week. When I went dress shopping with my mom and sisters we bought a veil that is fingertip length.. it is pretty but it just isnt what I envisioned.. I love the look of the cathedral lenght veils. So I got on etsy and was looking for a veil that I could personalize and wouldnt break a leg and I found a vendor. She custom makes all veils.. there are pics of one she did above. I am getting just a cursive scripted E for our last name with jewels on it and then some squiqqlies around the e in silver and crystals. It should be simple but beautiful and it is personalized. I think it would be something I could pass on to my daughter if I wanted. I wanted it simple so it wouldnt compete too much with my dress. I just adore pics of the bride with the groom and the veil is just blowing in the wind..so romantic and dramatic..
The second thing is that I paid the deposit to Missy for photography for the AHR. Missy is one of my childhood friends who now lives in DFW area and has her own photography business. She is wonderful.. you should check out her blog www.cherishedmemoriesbymj.blogspot.com you will love her pics. She does everything from babies to wedding and everytime she suprises me with her talent. Thankfully she is traveling all the way down to Katy to take our pics for the AHR. I can't wait to see the pics she takes I know they will be spectacular!!
On top of all that I was able to finally address all the Hawaii Invitations and postmark them and get them ready for mailing. I got them out Monday and guests are recieving them now. Thank goodness that is done. Also my AHR invites by Crawford Designs is done so they should be coming in the mail any day now.. not looking forward to that posting and stuffing process. I also finally compiled all addresses for the bridal shower so hopefully we will get those out before too long too.
Ok if you made it thru this post- go get yourself a glass of wine.. because I am even tired..


And here is the Veil customed .. this was taken the day of the wedding..  E for Embley. I hope that I will be able to pass it on later to my daughter or daughter in law. It was beautiful blowing in the trade winds in hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment