Wednesday

Life in the Fast Lane-Post 1

Advising this is a long post.. since I haven't had time to blog..playing catch up! So grab a cup of joe before reading!


So last friday Blogger was down. I wanted to upload my blooming graden! I woke up to these beauties. The hibiscus is a hybrid that is cold hardy so it dies every windter and comes back from the root ball. The blooms measure 6-12 inches across and I have pink, white with pink centers and yellow along one fence mixed with cana and hawaiian irises. The hibiscus plants get large really fast as well as the cana and provide a lush privacy wall so people can't look thru our fence which we like. I know not everyone likes a lush tropical garden but I love it. My front yard is manicure and perfect though.
Also Friday, I went to a wine glass painting party. It was blast! I made a tropical Hawaiian glass. One of my gf's painted hers leopard (didn't get a pic) and the other gf painted hers irish. Here is Kelly with her beautiful glass-





Here are pictures of both sides of my wine glass.. I think it is adorable.

This side has an island with two coconut palm trees and our wedding date in the center 7-11-10.

This side says ALOHA with a pink hibiscus in the center ( I love pink and hibiscus). I blinged it out too!! These were so easy to make, you use glass paint and bake the glass after wards and I know mine isn't as stunning as Lolita but the total cost of the glass was 13 bucks versus 40-50 for a lolita glass. But I am still a sucker for lolita.
Than this weekend Nate went to Lake Charles for a day and night to celebrate Jon (his best man) and Marty's birthday. I spent the whole day Saturday trying to clean and organize our house in preparation for my mother in law. I love my mother in law but it stresses me out that she is coming while we are still in school and the busiest time of the year (end of the school year). I feel like I haven't had a moment this month to just breath!

Sunday continued the preparation on the house. Monday was a busy day at work- prepping for my class field trip and trying to finish a paper for my masters class. Nate finished cleaning the other side of our two car garage so we could move the books shelves down stairs.
We have three bedrooms upstairs (including the master) and an office downstairs that could function as a fourth room. But Nate uses the office upstairs and was storing books for his side business in the 3rd room and the garage. Also the cat's litter boxes are in the 3rd room. Nate installed the kitty door over spring break but we had the mechanism to stop the cat's from going into the garage until we cleaned it and made sure nothing poisnous was in their reach.
I wish I took a picture of the before of the room. But here is a pic of the cat door and the cat's chilling in the garage- I think they are psyched to have a huge garage to their selves. Plus it the garage has windows on the top of the doors so the cats loved basking in the sun in the heat! Plus for all of us.. cat litter is out of the house (which is great because smell but a plus for toodlers too) and the cats are happy with thier new space.


Smokey the fat tabby doesn't like the flap on the cat door but he can't go hungary so he got the hang of it fast. Bella figured it out immediately.

Post Continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment