Monday

What's New Around Here..

Well other than my new background on the back of the blog.. things have been go go go around here.  I know for the past few weeks I have been saying I have been busy busy busy. And I don't mean it in a bad way. It is just the end of the year is so busy and can be stressful I feel like I don't have a moment to breath. But I only have 2 more days with the kiddos at school than 2 days to take apart my classroom. I am kinda in shock that my fifth graders are graduating Wed. and I am done with my first year teaching.. tears.. seriously!
So here is the recent scoop-
This past week Nate's Mom Cindy  and Stepdad  Arnold came in for their annual summer visit from Illinois. Nate & I  also meet with benefit HR people at Cyfair to learn our insurance was changing and not for the better! In addition I went to the nail salon, cleaned house, wrote a paper for my masters, and taught- oh don't forget started my end of the year list of stuff to do (clean, organize, permenant files, grades..etc)!! This weekend we went to St Arnold's Brewery with the rents and our good friends Alice & Jon. Than after the brewery we relaxed before a BBQ at Kristin & AJ's House. It was a nice evening. Sunday we went to church, Lowes for paint and than floated the pool the rest of the day. It was nice to get a little relaxing in before this busy week. I have a paper due tonight, tomorrow to clean my classroom up after school.. spend time somewhere in there with our company and Wednesday is graduation day at school. Thursday I have no kiddos but will be in my classroom cleaning and a paper due for my masters that day. Friday is repeat of thursday - the master's assignment. Also Nate's school prom and Saturday is our Memorial Day Party.

Here comes the pics..
After months of having off my fake nails and letting them try to harden and get healthy to  no avail.. I just learnt that there is shellac that they dry by UV rays that hardens and doesn't chip for two weeks. I went straight to my old salon and got it done. It is perfect since my nails are growing like no other but still so weak. They have it available in colors too. They look shiny and I love it.
 I also got my toes painted in my favorite color- turqouise and got a pink hibiscus flower on it.. two favs pink and hibiscus.
Well like I said earlier last week I prepared for Nate's parent's arrival. They come once a summer to help with the house- well when we first moved in they helped alot in painting, remodeling, gardening.  But now we have every room except the future nursery (if we ever have a baby) done.. so they are  just enjoying Texas really now.  Since this time before the visit I had time to prepare (last year was before the wedding reception in Texas) I kinda wanted to make them feel like house guests instead of work slaves..lol. So I cleaned the guest bath as I always do and set out the bath towels for them with nice soaps from Hawaii for them to enjoy. Here are the pics below.



In addition Nate and I finally moved the baby stuff into the guest room closet (what would fit) and the rest to the nursery after I finished cleaning the floors. Here are the pics of what it looks like now..
This is the guest closet packed with bouncy chair, boppy pillow, activity mat, swing and other misc. baby items given to us by friends (lightly used!!) Since the nursery isn't painted and doesn't have a door we felt these items could stay in there for now.
Here is the nursery remember this room hasn't seen any improvements since we moved in except new floor.
 
Notice the dresser hasn't been moved up just yet. We are waiting till the paint is done.  But the rocker, side table, mirror and the basket of books have been moved in. See the Eric Carle Catepillar! I love it!

Here are the pics of the guest room currently in addition to the wine glass I left for cindy on the bed. I think I talked about the new mirrors on the side wall. I love mirrors because they help bounce off light in a small room. Because the walls are not the ideal color (accident by painter and didn't have the heart to say change it) I decided to use white and black accents to level out the bold turqouise.

This wall with the mirrors  is the same wall with the zebra chair on it. Weird room to take pictures. The wall with the window just has the bed placed against it and you can see that in a couple pics down.

This corner is the wall with the other closet and the mirrors are on the same wall you are looking at. There is the spray painted table and my glass floor lamp with the zebra chair. I added the fun circle pillows for summer because they match the paint color and I thought they were fun and bright.

On the left side of the bed would be the windows.. that is the door leading into the room too. I moved the sun burst mirror over the bed. This is the bed Simple Matters did. It has a foot board also.. but I am not sold on the foot board in this same square room yet. I kept it in case I change my mind.
Here is the wine glass for Cindy. She loved the glass. I bought her the glass for Mother's Day but since we sent flowers and I knew she was coming I just saved it for her. It is hand painted with flowers and says Mother.  Hope you like all the changes and big suprise coming soon in the room that is pictured below.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment