Friday

Last Week at School

Wednesday was graduation day for my fifth graders I had to push them out of the nest and hope that they could fly. Hope that everything I had taught them this year would be instilled in them for life.  It was a sad but happy day.. here is a pic of the celebrations in the classroom (looking bare since I took everything down for summer already).. I would show a close up of the cake... but privacy issues I shouldn't publish any students names or pics of them. Sorry I can't show you the awesomeness of it or any pics of my happy fifth graders.. but you can imagine!

The cake was hawaiian with hibiscus flowers and their names with Congrats 5th grade! They all loved it! In addition I got lovely lovely gifts and very kind words from Parents. It was a great ending to my first year teaching and I feel so confident about next year.

In addition to it being the last week of school, Nate's mom and stepdad were here and helped paint the 3rd bedroom which will eventually be the nursery. I told you there was a change in store.. so here are a few pics of what happened. More to come later ( I still have to pack my classroom for summer).
Here is the room before.. no close up of the awful ceiling  which had holes from the previous owners stereo speakers and horrible dirty walls and the yellow baseboards with gaps between the walls.. uck but you get the idea-

Than Arnold prepped the room by filling all the holes with putty, painted the ceiling and than the first coat of blue..

This is the second day after three coats of paint. The rocker looks awesome it really takes the turqouise out in the fabric and I think the color will be great for boy or girl (Nate picked it out)..we hadn't put the blinds up yet.
Here are the finished pics

Doesn't the dresser just speak volumes against that paint.. like it was meant to be. I love having family peices redone in this room.  We still need curtains but the room is ready for use and the rest of the decorating will have to wait till we are expecting.
And here is a pic of the hard workers- Nate helped out too.. it was such a relief to have it done so Nate doesn't have to do this huge job alone later.

 It took them two straight 8 hour work days to prep, paint ceiling, walls, and trim. Remember that black trim on the window. Nate's mom even caulked the trim so it looks professional- no more gaps for our future baby. The next day Nate installed the blinds again and the room looks so lovely and peaceful! I love it.

Here is a pic of the day lillies I cut from the front yard aren't they gorgeous.
We're having a memorial day party this year since we'll be gone for our typical 4th of July party. So hope everyone has a great time this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment