Monday

Gallery Wall Finally Completed..

Remember that post way back when I asked Inspired Room to have a gallery wall party (and I bragged about her mentioning me and feeling famous-gasp!).. well I finally got around to taking all those photo frames I collected from Ikea and Target and filling them and placing them in the stairwell last Thursday. I really love SawDust & Paper Scraps wall and wanted to recreate that.. but got lazy and did all black frames to tie in with the black mirrors over the fireplace which are visible as you walk down the stairs. It started out like this..


I let it soak in and decided it needed changing.


To hang them I just laid them out on the floor to see what is best.. but hope on over to YHL-Hammer Time and see how they hung them using paper to measure the perfect measurements, make sure their level..etc. I am not a perfectionists and I have learnt that to fill holes in the wall,  toothpaste hardens and you can paint right over it. I am not afraid of nail holes. So I just started nailing em up and if I stepped back and it didn't work I took it out and tried again. I am sure YHL way of the paper templates is much easier and faster since the finished product took me 3 hours to do. But I completed it and I love the way it looks.

Looking Up stairs
 Closeups




Than I decided I wanted to add more especially the hibiscus painting is from one of my sweet students and I love it soo much. The other pics are from our wedding, trips to Saint Louis, Washington D.C., Key West, Bahamas and Hawaii of course plus other random good memories from our seven years together. There are two pics of sea turtles we swam with in Hawaii, two shadow boxes filled with trip memorabilia (one has our wedding invitations in it) and maps also on the wall. I love that we still have room to add pics when we have kiddos.Two of the frames are these awesome art frames from target. They open and you can store art work inside.. you can see them on YHL wall too: Art Frame!! and Here TOO!!



Here it is looking down the stair well...  I am so happy with the end result and Nate loves it too!
I also hung at the top of the stairs our sign from Hawaii. I put maps from the Flordia Keys behind it.

It says The Embley's and every letter is a different mural in itself. It is very cool.

In other news I have pulled out all the bathing suits and summer clothes because it is soo hott. I love sporting the shorts, flip flops and tanks. But I also own a ton of capris since I can wear them multiple places. I wore this last week while cleaning my class room out. I love the hawaii lei look of the tshirt.. and boy was I dusty, sweaty and worn out after cleaning my classroom out.

Well I'll post about our Memorial Day Weekend soon.. hope you are enjoying summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment