Tuesday

Memorial Day Weekend

Look at my awesome dinner plate Hibiscus plants! I told you that they are beautiful!! I love how dense they make this side of the yard.. too bad the frost hurt my flowering plants on the opposite side of the yard!

This memorial day weekend started out with Nate and I going to the grocery store to get items for the party and coming home to a house with NO AC and it is 100 degrees outside. We unpacked the groceries, canceled our Friday nite plans and called the AC guys.  Thankfully Texas Comfort AC who came out last year came out and worked on the AC for an hour and half. It is so nice to have ac for the party! Plus after they fixed it I went and had a glass of wine with my gfs so the whole evening wasn't ruined!

Saturday I woke up early to clean the floors and pick up before our pool party. Which we grilled out, had sangria and margaritas plus my lovely stars n stripes cake.. it was a blast. The kiddos swam theirselves exhausted! The Wickie twins and Walker Twins ended up exhausted and on the couch watching Toy Story 3. 
 But I do have to say I prefer parties under 30 people versus 70 people. I felt like I didn't really get to talk to everyone since I was running around with my head cut off playing hostess with the mostess. I didn't really relax until the party was dying and the kids were inside watching the movie and out of the pool. 

It was nice to have the party and make new memories on the anniversary of Jacob's death last year (if you didn't know, we lost a coach's three year old last memorial day at a friend's pool party- I found him). We will never forget it but as a group of friends close as family, we needed to make new good memories. But we were all on edge I think because it is still fresh.  


Sunday we had a relaxing day in the pool with my mom, Shay and my sister Michelle. Michelle just got back from Germany so it was nice to see her and relax in the pool. Than we went to the movies to see Hangover 2 with Kristin & AJ at Studio Movie Grill. Which is the best way to go to the movies- margaritas and food while watching!!

Monday Nate played in a golf tourney- so I took Scout to the groomers which happens to be right next to HOME GOODS!! OMG I love that store. I had to kill some time while he was there.  I went in just to look and found so many things I could go home with.
Check out a few:

Love the turqouise lamps and the green one with the cork lamp shade..so fun!

This one reminds me of a PB one that was for 99 bucks without the shade!
I LOVE LOVE this cane chair..
I wanted this one!! But I have enough lamps!
They had two of those bamboo cane chairs for 29.99 each and I almost snagged them but Kristin rationalized me and said where would you put them..umm good point. But they are so spectacular! I absolutely love thir nautical beach section, as well as pillow and lamps section. They had awesome huge floor pillows as well as outdoor pillows. I could spend hours in that store just looking at everything. And if you don't know if you don't pick something up at Home Goods it could not be there next time.. so I had to
 leave with my own goods at such great prices. I purchased the PB BOTTLE IT LAMP look alike but not for 99 bucks for just the base. I got the base and shade for 39.00. It is so cool that it opens up at the top. I thought it would be the perfect kid lamp eventually to fill with shells, golf balls, sports cards, post cards..etc. Since we are doing an ocean themed nursery I thought I couldn't pass it up.I think it would look awesome filled with wine corks too. I put it in the entry way till we have our own little wee one.
Here is how it looked in the store & than at home filled with sand from our wedding, seashells and sea glass:




I also purchased two new pillows and a sea fan for the fire place to go with the coral Nate brought me:




 I absolutely loved these big pillows with the pink hibiscus and greens, blues and browns. The patterns drawn me in and make me happy. I thought they looked tropical and summery! Nate actually liked them too, which is suprising because he hates floral patterns. But for two huge pillows at 30 bucks it was a deal! Nate says I obsessed with throw pillows. I love how they can make a quick inexpensive change in a room.I would love a white couch but if I can't afford to change the whole room a quick change with throw pillows will make it.  Check out Nester's love of pillows too. I am glad I am not the only woman obsessed with throw pillows! I think the floral plays off the aqua in the other pillows and it also has tan and brown too-so they are not matchy matchy but they work well (plus they are down filled).

Pillow & New Lamp ( oh look more coral on the entry way from nate too).

Coral from Nate with new purple fan coral on the fireplace..

I love how our house reflects us now.. and is complete! I hope you enjoyed my little outing to Home Goods.. I might have to go get the cane chairs.. I could use them in the Kitchen as extra seating or our master, or even the pool table room..lol. Eventually that room will be a kid room anyhow and those chairs would work awesome.
After Home Goods, Kristin & I floated the pool for a couple hours before picking up Scout. I got too much sun yesterday and could barely stay up to complete my Master's Assignment. (Summer School ends July 20th Can't WAIT).

Oh here is Scout all groomed. They shaved his back legs and belly for the hot weather. I think he looks hilarious but I am sure he feels so much better. The octupus he insisted on at Petsmart.

 Have a great week. It is my first week on summer vacay! I go to the hair salon tomorrow and to the court house to turn in my records for defensive driving for a speeding ticket..opps.

No comments:

Post a Comment