Tuesday

Exhausted from a way too much fun Vacay & Other News..

This past weekend was my sister in law Julie (Juls or Boov as we know her) Dirty 30 in New Orleans. Both of Nate's sisters live in Columbia Missouri, so they drove down and we all meet in the French Quarter.. the vacation started Thursday night and ended Sunday. It was a spectacular time and I loved being able to spend time with Nate and sisters in laws. But everyone knows the saying 'You need a vacation from your vacation'.. I defianately need one.

While we were enjoying our mini vacation (pics and recap coming later) Scout had his first experience being boarded at a Kennel. Scout went to Cypress Kennels which was highly recommended to us by my very close gf who also has a golden retriever. We were a little anxious leaving Scout because he usually travels with us and he is really an inside family dog and we weren't sure if he would be boarded inside or out and how he would do being left. But Scout fared well. He is an emotional eater which means he only eats when we are home and he is happy. He ate two days he was there and the other days he just nibbled. So we assume he he was happy while he was there or he wouldn't have eaten dinner at all.

Sundays the Kennel is closed so you can not pick up pets. Nate had arranged to go on his lunch break Monday to pick up Scout. What we didn't know was there are only set times for pick up and drop off which are 9-11am and 4-6pm daily. Nate arrived 5 minutes too late and no one answered his calls and the front gate was locked. I am in standarized testing this week at school and he kept calling me. Finally I answered because I thought something was tragically wrong. He was so frustrated and worried about Scout because he didn't know there were set times for pickup.
 So after school I ran to pick up Scout and try to make it home and get dressed up for Nate's School Athletics Banquet. Aww the joys of being a coach's wife. The banquet lasted till 9pm and than we went for a couple drinks with the other coaches. I am exhausted!!
Well inbetween getting showered and dressed for the banquet I threw Scout's Bed in to the wash.. but we got home at midnight so his bed hadn't dried out yet (meaning I left it in the washer while we were out).. he slept on a comforter instead last night while his bed dried out.. this morning he was so sleepy he didn't even want to go downstairs to go outside. But than I brought up his clean puffy bed!
I think the picture is enough evidence for Scout's gratitude.. and well he looks exhausted too. We are so glad to pick Scout up and have him back home- I think he is overly happy too but just as tired as we are. It was weird being home with out him. I even think the cats missed him.


In other exciting news- Calyspo New Line came out at Target! It is an awesome St Bart's Tropical home, womans and girls line at Target (which means awesomeness plus affordable)! The line came available May 1st.. so on the drive back from NOLA I was on my iphone stalking the line and trying to debate what to buy. I absolutely love the line and wish I could buy it all.. but a teacher's salary doesn't allow for that. But  I did snag some awesome stuff such as two shirts, the floppy hat and the straw and silver  sequin bag. Some of the items advertised on TV I didn't see online and alot of items sold out immediately.

Floppy hat perfect for the cruise and pool floating

Straw Summer Beach/Pool Bag

Crochet Coral Top

Aqua TShirt

My sister in law Alicia just told me this weekend I am always wearing bright and tropical colors. I guess I didn't notice that.. but I am drawn to color in my closet for the summer. I also love that I can wear these things at home or on vacation. Check out the line it is awesome! I love all the jewelry too but I have a ton of turqoiuse and coral jewelry already! But if you are looking for some summer pops of color you should definately check it out.


That is all that is new around the Embley Casa- We are swamped with social events and school right now. The end of the school year is always the busiest- testing, grades, graduations, and summer end of the year parties.. oh and field trips! Ugh. We haven't had one free weekend in April and it is starting to look the same for May. This weekend alone we already have conflicting things to do- if Only I could clone myself. In addition to our busy season at work, I haven't been able to keep up with the housework and my master's classes. Luckily I have a ten day break before my next class. But at home I have hampers of clean clothes on the table to be folded and tons of dirty laundry.. haven't cleaned the house in over a week and it is starting to look like a bomb went off.. and I am exhausted. Like I said I need a vacation from my vacation to get caught up again.

PICS coming soon of our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment