Monday

Busy Weekend Plus a Head Injury

Apologize now for all the pics.. but I love em!
My First Lily Bloomed this morning!!

This weekend started out with a BANG (literally)! As in my head against a brick wall. I took a fall Thurs. night chasing the puppy down the side yard  in the dark (not recommended) and fell over a tree branch right into the side of the house. My elbow and head took the blunt of it.  So Friday I spent the day with a concussion resting and icing away.  But the weekend couldn't wait around for my head to heal.

Saturday came along and it  was the day I celebrated with mi madre! Since, Mom and Shay always go to church with Nana, I wanted to be able to celebrate with her first.
Nate and I took her to Brunch at Mia Bella's in Vintage Park. It was awesome.. I also got a couple of shots of mom opening her gift basket for Michelle in Germany to see..


She loved it..especially the blue berry tree. She also like Mia Bella's and Vintage Park. I am glad we went there!

After Brunch we went to the Walker's Kentucky Derby Party (and Nate's Horse Animal Kingdom won $$$$).  The girls made hats while the boys placed bets before the party started.. I mean  it was a Kentucky Derby Party, so everyone needs a ridicously large over embellished hat! Kourt, Kristin & I embellished ours via the glue gun and feathers, butterflies, and flowers. Of course mine had to match my dress and be in my fav colors of pink and turqouise.
Pic of hat above is a little dark but look at those feathers!!
The Walker Twins wanted to join in so we made them hats as well. It was a blast! I am so blessed to have great gfs!

 Kylie and Ashley (ashley is a neighbor who plays with the twins) with their hats on! Chloe bear is in the background.. she refused to pose for the paperazi.. that's ok because I got a great pic with her later!

 The best part about the hats were that Kristin and I discovered we could hide our faces from others and talk across the table to each other.. lol! Yes it was after we had a couple Schmint drinks (pink lemonade, vodka, and mint).. but we thought it was hilarious.. pictures are evident of that!!

I absolutely love this one of Kristin..lol.
Of course here is the pic with my Chlo Bear!

Isn't she adorable!! Well Kristin & I aren't bad either..

Than on the real mother's day, Nate and I cashed his big winning ticket from the Derby. Took the winnings and spent them at the grocery store and had Alex, Mark, Jake & Mia over to swim. Jake turned 5 this week! I can't believe it. We weren't able to make it to his party so we had a mini one last night.





Getting ready to blow..got one out! Five more to go!

He couldn't get all 5 candles  plus one extra wish candle out at the same time.. guess even though he grew up his lungs are still small! I can't believe he will be in Kindergarten next year. I remember him as a new born peeing on me while his daddy played golf with Nate. (The best part was at the grovery store I had them put Happy 5th Birthday Jake on the cake.. well we get home and Nate decided it needed some extra sprinkles for Jake-man). Nate and Jake have a special bond and Nate absolutely adores this kid.

I also got good use out of my derby hat in the pool- without the embellishments. It is the perfect hat for a whity like me who needs to shade the chest and face! It also looks similar to my Calyspo Hat I bought for the cruise.


I think it will be awesome for the cruise with my other Calyspo Hat..as you can see I am already red on my chest ( I hate that my face and chest burn and everything else tans).

Also my lovely hubby bought me flowers on mother's day.. I know I am not a mom yet (but if our baby had survived it would have been our first mother's day). It was a nice gesture  that he remembers and I love love hydrangeas.

No comments:

Post a Comment