Thursday

Busy Busy Bee- Project 12

Before

Whitewashed & a coat of Blue
Close Up
Dining Room with 4 Chairs :)
Herbs starting to Grow Yea!!!

This week has literally been a week of  Insert Four Letter word here starting in an H ending in a Big L.. it has been non-stop at work (meetings, grading, parent emails/conferences), students just going crazy because Spring Break is so close, tons of assignments for my Masters Program and the house a total wreck because lack of time to organize and too many projects started at once.  I am in deep need of vacation in such a bad way.  But for relaxation what I do.. find more projects to do..lol.

I'm one of those people I think of projects while I am going to sleep, showering, driving to work and I will think about them, contemplate them and obsess until they are done. I think I mentioned that I spoke with Melissa from The Inspired Room about our kitchen. I was getting really TIRED of the red.. it is just not me and is too warm. I know people like Red it is actually my hubbies fav color. His office is St Louis Cardinal Red.. but I don't like it all over my house. I like neutral with a punch of color. So I search for my inspiration for the kitchen with out re painting and adding the neutral tans and whites with a touch of blue..
Than it hit me sea spray wreath I have ( I kinda have a rug and wreath addiction).. this is my inspiration for my kitchen- the colors, touch of classic traditional, touch of vintage with modern.. love it. So on my long hallway wall are some vintage iron wall decor in a red color. The color just didn't fit the new kitchen. I went to the garage and got a plain dry brush and white washed the wood. After it dried I distressed it and re hung on the wall. I liked the white. But it was just too white and too much of a contrast on the walls. So I went back to the garage and found some leftover Blue Paint from the upstairs (all the rooms are various shades of blue-robin, teal, aqua, sky) and dry brushed over the white being sure the distressed areas were still noticeable as well as the white. The finished product is above. I really like it and once you see the whole finished kitchen I think you will too.

On top of my kitchen decor project with paint, finally the two other seagrass chairs came in. Nate originally bought the first two seagrass chairs for me as an anniversary gift on our 3rd year. We were living in our first apartment together. I loved them so much and had wanted them so bad but couldn't afford them while in college and working as a bartender and nanny.  When he surprised me with them I was so excited and I still love love em.  The only thing I hate is my cat will try to sharpen her claws on them..ugh. I have been wanting to get more but at one point they were back ordered in my color and then I just didn't have it in our budget. Finally I did. So I ordered them and they came today. The newer ones are a slightly darker color. But I think they match fine because of the color variation of the seagrass. Aren't they beautiful??  Dining Room is officially DONE!! 

Oh and the Herb Garden I planted on the kitchen window has sprouts in all three containers..yeah!









Here's a hint on a future post to come in the kitchen.. good luck on guessing.


HINT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment