Tuesday

DIY Makeover-Weekend Project 15

Let me vent first and than on to DIY..
Here is a recent pic of my lovely nails and beautiful wedding rings. I love love my engagement ring because it is modeled after my great grandmothers. It has a modern yet traditional setting. My band I also love because it's added bling. The diamonds go around 75% of the band leaving some band just platinum for underside of the ring. Everyday when I take a shower I put my jewelry in a dish by the sink, last night after my shower I put my band and ring back on and one diamond was jiggling. GASP! I have had my engagement ring for two years but my wedding band has been worn a whole 9 months and it is already loose!! Where we bought the ring was Robbins Brothers which was bought out by another company. That company has no stores in Houston. They do have a store in Dallas and I could mail my wedding band to Dallas- but I don't trust UPS or mail service. Are they really goin to replace my band-maybe but  they can't replace the meaning behind it. So now I am stuck with having to find a jeweler here. Nate went to Zales to purchase my diamond tennis bracelet for my birthday and my white gold Two Hearts as One  necklace that he gave me after the miscarriage. I think I will take it there since they have a jeweler on site who does repairs. But I am sad I am a one ring wearer and not two.. not that I don't love my engagement ring I just love both!

Anyways I have been behind on updating you on my DIY projects so here it is. I have a swingy bench that is like 40 years old with a matching chair. I am sure lots of you have a similar set. My set was originally black and than later painted hunter green which we keep since it matched the trim on the house. But recently it is chipping and starting to rust in certain places.. it needed a little TLC.
above is the original pic of the bench and chair

Here is the pics of in progress of bench and chair. And Yes I sprayed right next to the pool deck and on the grass. I have that good of skills. No not really. I just didn't have enough cardboard to place under the swing and grass will be cut next week and you won't even know I sprayed there once it is cut. I know some people would be offended.. I pay the morgage so get over it. LOL
I sprayed the chairs in Rustoleom White Rust free primer first. I let dry between the two coats of primer and than I added a shiny top gloss of Rustoleom. For about $12 buck for both I think it is stellar results.




The finished products! I love the bright white. I feel it is much fresher and definately giving off the summer pool/beach feel I am looking for. I added new pillows also from Walmart (cheap) and I love the fresh colors and stripes of course. The throw pillows have coordinating colors with flowers (all pillows are Better Homes and Gardens.) I think it looks lovely with bright pink flowers and white on the chairs. Love.. I orifinally was going to do Colbalt Blue to match the tile on the pool, but I like the classic white better. I think Nate likes the traditional side of the white versus the blue. He said glad they aren't blue! LOL.

I also planted a few more flowers this weekend. Take a look:

 This planter stand was built for us by Arnold, Nate's Stepdad. I keep it in the garage during the winter since nothing would survive the cold. I added new bright pool colored pots and added mounding flowers. It is right infront of the electrical boxes so it hides them well and adds a pop of color thru the kitchen eating area window. Bella enjoys sitting on the sunny window looking out.

My potted hibiscus didn't make it in this pot so I bought and new one and it is already blooming! Beautiful. I added trailing flowers in the front too. Sorry this pic is a back view but you might see the lil pop of pink in front.

Scout helped me work this weekend too and decided he needed a little break..first swim of the season!

I spoke about my little subway art I had made previously in a livingroom post. I love that it has beach words and our wedding date. I orginally planned to put it on the mantel, than decided I could put it in the gallery wall on the stairs.. than I decided I just wanted photos or art up there. So I have found a new home for it. I will share as soon as it is up. I am sure once summer is here I will move it maybe into the entryway area and change it out for the chalkboard. But until than...I plan on putting it in the water closet in our master bath. Our master bath is a bright sky blue and I feel the beachy vibes of this will look stellar in there.

Also I am assembling a new gallery wall in the stairs as soon as it is completed I will share. Plus I  have beautiful mirrors to hang above the mantel(pics soon). I really have lusted after PB and Billard's mirrors.. but can't afford the price tag. I found knock offs and debated buying two or three. I bought two and I plan on puttin our new sailboat model infront of it soon. 
 Til than enjoy the weather.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a gorgeous home!! I'm your newest follower...loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete