Monday

Spring Break is over - Project 13

Before Pics of Antique Dresser & Antique Rocker

So Spring Break has come to a close.. and I started/finished many projects that I will show you over the next week or so. I can't wait. But do you remember the dresser and rocker I had done by Simple Matters? I decided I didn't want to spend my break inhaling fumes painting a dresser- so I left it up to Jannet. I love her! Check her out on Facebook under Simple Matters Page. She is awesome!

Well I picked up both the rocker and dresser over the break. We were going to install the kitty door to the garage and clean out the third bedroom. But we only cleaned out the garage- we had a lot of busy busy during the break. We went to Louisana for two days with friends, visited my cousin in ICU at th hospital, cleaned the house, I took a final and wrote a paper, gardened and painted other furniture.. Lowes is my best friend this break. We also spent a ton of time with friends which is always great!

So this weekend we will install the kitty door and move the cats out of the third bedroom. Till than the dresser is in my formal living room blocking one side of the double fireplace and the rocker has found a temporary home in our guest room (where pics were taken).

Without further adue.. here are the new and improved dresser and rocker..






Aside from the fact that both are not in there furniture homes (third bedroom) yet.. but still  aren't they magnificent?? Hello that rocker makes me drool.. from a pink wood with 60's funky material to a much more sophisticated paisley with white to make it sweet and ready for a baby. I added the love pillow.. because hello I love it! I can't wait to chill out in it with a lil one. Or just sit in waiting for a lil one. It looks just like my grandpas and I love that it reminds me of great family. My mom loved the results so much she is having her rocker reupholstered by Jannet too. Ha.. she should listen to me more when it comes to decorating! (Side Note my Mom discovered Angry Birds on her Ipad this weekend- our relationship will never be the same. If you have ever played angry birds than you know it is addicting and relationships are sacrificed for other's need for angry birds.).

I decided to keep the original hardware on the dresser to pay tribute to it's hertitage. I love that Jannet scuffed them up a bit and put a tad of pewter on them. It gives em a little bling but not too much. I really think it turned out superb! I am completely obsessed with my projects. I will dream about them once I start them and I was nervous that the handles would ruin the dresser. But I think they are awesome.

Once we get the third bedroom cleaned of kitty stuff & Nate's bookshelves with tons of book..plus painted with a fresh coat of paint. I will move the furniture in there and show you all pics. I can't wait to see the results. Till than you can be jealous of my made over furniture! 


And you can wait in anxiousness of what I did over the break ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment