Friday

Spring is here.. well at least in my living room- Prject #10





The house is still decorated and ready for St. Patty's but it is the time of year where all the flowering trees and bushes are blooming. I love this time of year and I want the house to feel the same way- springy!
I feel in love with these Robert Allen fabrics that have an awesome Hawaiian Name! They are called Kukula Pinata & Kika Pinata. I thought they were so lovely and had a hard time finding two of each becaue the fabric is now discontinued. If you know me I adore stripes and I loved that these had spring colors and aqua my favorite color. I got two striped and two flower covers and inserted my own pillows. Waaa laa Spring is here. I love that our living room is neutral with pops of colors in accessories like the hydrangeas, my candles, and pillows. Thus way it is always easy to update with new seasons and trends. But I usually stick to things I love more than trends.

I also ordered the book that Melissa at Inspired Room recommended "Live with what you Love". It is a great book and has made its way under my candles, shells and corks on the living room table till I finish reading it. It is about incorporating heirlooms into your house and items you love and how to display them.

The lovely flowers pictured were treats from the hubby and he brought in the mail which had the new PB catalog and Ballard.. love him! I put the yellow beauties in the kitchen and the pink ones on my nite stand. I love fresh flowers and the hubbs knows it.

In other news I am over all the red in the kitchen and Melissa at the Inspired Room gave me some great tips. I don't want to repaint the green I just dont want the accents to be so bold and loud (red) so stay tuned for some changes. I purchased another sisal PB rug yesterday for the living room and the current one will be moving to the eat in breakfast area in the kitchen.  I also found two more of our dining room chairs (they were sold out forever) on sale with free shipping so I bought two more. They should arrive over Spring Break and we can now sit 4 in the beautiful chairs and two more on the bench!! We have a bench that is resident in the kitchen that we move to the table in there and the dining room to use for additional seating. I'll take pics soon and share! Can't wait to show you all the updates. Hopefully we can install new lighting too ;) wishful thinking on my part..lol



No comments:

Post a Comment