Wednesday

Simple Matters Makeovers for ME :)- Project #9


Alannah Vintage Rocker- Before


Mirror which will be painted white






Paisley Material to refinish stool and rocker














If you haven't discovered Simple Matters yet you definitely need to check out her website, blog and facebook page! I purchased a beautiful antique black headboard/footboard for our guest room and she is currently refinishing one of our antique dressers to put in the nursery (see previous post).  Well Jannet at Simple Matters finds vintage pieces and re-finishes them for others.  She has the business out of her home on the side in addition to being a stay at home mom. I applaud her awesomeness to refinish pieces others want to throw out. On top of that I love that it is green, and it is furniture that is quality furniture but yet antique, vintage, classic with a story that is going in our home.  Love it.. gushing sorry. Simple Matters recently posted a huge lot of new/old furniture that she was going to refinish to the clients taste.. I fell in love with the vintage rocker above Jannet calls Alannah. It reminds me of the chair my Grandpa used to sit in everyday in his den and my mom now has one in her living room.  Recently I spoke about the post Inspired Room did on making your home resemble you and living with things you love and have meaning. I am really striving to make rooms resemble us and our history. The crib is the same style Nate and I had as babies. The dresser is an antique and now the rocker looks just like my Grandpa Tom's.  I also thought it would be a nice addition and it could be used in multiple rooms other than just a nursery.  I went ahead and purchased it from Jannet.. paid the deposit to start the work(good thing because some other ladies had their eyes on my rocker Jannet named Alannah). She is going to paint Alannah's wood white to match the other existing pieces that are going to be in our nursery and to lighten the look.  After she is going to recover in my choice of fabrics. Ideally if it was going in our master room I would have done a linen with  blue ticking strip (PB inspired). But it was going in the nursery probably for a couple of years and will later take residence in our living room or master. The colors in all of these rooms are consistently shades of  blue, white and chocolate.  I needed to find a classic fabric that  wasn't too trendy but also with those colors and not to masculine or girly. I thought stripes first but I wasn't thrilled. I kept going back to the paisley design.  I bought the yardage and it is being sent to Jannet to refinish.  I think the paisley will fit the era of the rocker well and might even look like it was made for it.  I also found a stool on etsy that I am going to paint and recover to match the rocker.. perfect!  My mom's and Grandpa's rocker's had a matching foot stool and seeing how the chair will be in the nursery first and later in our living areas of the house I felt it needed something to kick up our feet. I am going to paint the wood of the stool white too and cover in the exact same fabric and the feet of the stool don't match Alannah but our beautiful Jenny Lind spindles from the crib.  Here is the bonus- Nate loves watching golf and rocking in  his office chair ..I think he will be watching lots of golf in our new addition of Alannah. Hoping Jannet will have Alannah and the dresser ready around Spring Break.  On top of all that goodness!!! I found an awesome mirror too! She is going to paint it white so I can put it in the nursery or it might find residence above the mantel for a bit.  I can't wait to see all the pieces in our cleaned out 3rd bedroom (cleaning out over spring break). I think it is going to be the perfect mix of vintage classic mixed with modern.. just my style.

Enjoy the before pics and I hope to post after pics soon!! Wohoo Spring Break is 6 work days away!!!! I can see the light..




No comments:

Post a Comment