Thursday

Day 2- week 23 day 6 almost done!!

My mom came today brought me the necessities, helped me sponge bathe since showers are out on bed rest and keep me company as Nate ran home to make sure things were taken care of. A social worker came in to speak with us about a few daunting things such as power of attorney. When she was here my sister Michelle and her bf from Austin surprised me! It was nice to have a lot of company till dinner. Around dinner, I was surprised to receive beautiful flowers from my sweet friends. Already I can feel the love of friends and family and Nate & I are so very thankful.

We were taken on a tour of the NICU. We met a mother who gave birth to a 24 weeker and she is now 34 weeks. She was born 1.4 lbs and is now 4.4lbs. It's amazing what they can do now for these babies even with all the daunting scary stuff they are preparing us for. Needless to say it has been an emotional roller coaster and my nurses update my board daily with my goal. Tonight it is rest and no contractions!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Drs are saying we really need to make it thru the next 7 days so we are taking it one day at a time. Each day is milestone.

Please continue to pray for my health, baby Piper and daddy!

Xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment